Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Note to self...

So it's been a while since I've written anything here and I feel like I owe all my fans out there (Ha!) another entry.  

Any suggestions for what you'd like to hear about? Anyone?  

Huh...

So today was literacy day at my school.  We meet as a whole school every Wednesday, and today was especially devoted to reading.  As the librarian, I naturally got all excited about this, and surprisingly enough, it seemed like the kids did too (hooray!).  Books really are a lot of fun.  Especially kids' books.  

It turns out that singing "Library Book Blues" is also a lot of fun.  The music teacher at my school put it to music for me and taught it to all the 1st through 4th graders (who then started singing it to me in the library).  They made a recording.  Maybe I'll share it here... (If I can, I don't know if blogger allows audio uploads).  

Well, I guess that answers my question.  I just tried to upload it and Blogger freaked out.  No audio allowed, only video and still images.  Poo.

Moving on... to something else.  So... I bought an elliptical machine.  I figured that the only way I'm going to be able to exercise on a regular basis is if I make it as easy as possible for myself. Hence the personal gym equipment.  It can't get much easier than walking downstairs.  I mean, I do it all the time right?  

One of my friends I told this to, proceeded to inform me that most of time, when people buy things like treadmills and elliptical machines and exercise bikes, they turn into clothes racks.  Frankly, I was rather insulted.  First of all, hanging my clothes on a piece of gym equipment in the basement would be rather inconvenient - my bedroom is upstairs.  Second of all, I have two closets in my bedroom, so why would I need to hang clothes on the elliptical machine?  And thirdly, it's not like I just woke up one morning and decided to buy an elliptical machine.  I've spent considerable time inside a gym.  I know what equipment works best for me.  I did my research and I feel like I have the motivation - so no one's allowed to rain on my parade, okay?!  
Sheesh, some people need to stop being so pessimistic.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you should write about pirates... pirate librarians.